For the last 20 years, I have traveled to inclusion conferences in other cities and states. I have seen how an annual conference organized around inclusive schooling can help families, teachers, and administrators learn new skills and provide support to one another. This is one of the reasons I wished for an inclusion conference here in Illinois. Last week, that wish came true!
We had over 350 participants attend the two-day event. We had great speakers from near and far. We had fabulous door prizes. We had a great bookstore (thanks to Brookes Publishing). And we had topics ranging from inclusive work experiences to how to differentiate math lessons to supporting friendships.
I can’t resist sharing some snapshots from the event.
Maybe these images will inspire one or more of you to come and join us next year. Or, perhaps, you are anxious to find a conference sooner than next May? You are in luck! There are so many wonderful inclusion conferences around the country. I am providing links for some of the best:
- Wisconsin Summer Inclusion Institute
- PEAK Parent Center: Conference on Inclusive Education
- The ARC of Texas: Inclusion Works!
- New Jersey Coalition for Inclusive Education: Summer Inclusion Conference
- PEAL Center
- Syracuse University: Annual Summer Leadership Institute
- Indiana IEP Resource Center: Focus on Inclusion Conference
I am sure I am forgetting many great conferences so if there is an annual inclusion event in your region, please post here to let others know about it.